Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UG vs PG

While i was doing my MBA,more than academics i involved myself in extra curricular activities.I am an average student and highly proactive person.I like to indulge myself in sports,competitions,seminars,paper presentations and various other activities.I was not so when i was doing my engineering,I have never been on stage for any presentation.If i had to do a presentation or take a seminar,i used to take leave for the whole week or abscond myself from that class.

But in PG things changed ,the mode of learning was fully E-mode were presentations,seminars,case study analysis etc.. was the way it was.So PG life changed me completely and now i am capable of facing any number of audience.

During my UG,i dint have enough confidence to face things,i had a weird feeling that i am not capable of doing certain activities.The reason for it was,i had a fear in my mind that i may not do it right the way it should be and i never even gave a try for them.My whole UG life went off with the same feeling.Only when i went out to look for a job,i realized i would have given a try to those activities which i dint care about.

I dont wanted to do the same mistake in my PG ,so i involved myself in many activities to improve my skills and learn things by giving a try to them.Only when we try,we will be able to identify what our strengths and weaknesses are and will be able to mould and shape ourself to meet the external world.

In PG i participated in a paper presentation competition in a B-School.That was my first participation in a Inter college competition in my life.I have never given a try before thinking i may not succeed but this time i was ready to face it and decided to give a try.I presented the paper with full confidence and courage.After my presentation,there was huge response and claps from the audience which made me feel very happy and finally to my surprise the result was i got the first prize for that presentation.So we never come to know our capabilities until we give a try for doing things.

Nothing can be learnt without doing mistakes ,so one should not be afraid of doing things.All it needs is the confidence and courage to do things,never mind who criticizes nor going wrong.From our mistakes we will be able to improve ourself and shine in future.

"Without your involvement you cannot succeed and with your involvement you cannot fail".These words speak everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment