Saturday, July 25, 2009

Layoff Trend

I underwent on the job training in one of the leading IT company 2 months back.I was put in a team called EHS( Employee helpdesk services team).When i joined, there were 4 HR executives in the team. But as days passed 2 executives were put on layoff in the team.Not only in that team,but many employees in the company were put on layoff.The company seemed to cut cost and layoff people.

Every other employee in the company were working with a fear in mind about losing their job.Things were going bad and all were worried .Some of my friends who were working for 4 to 5 years in the company were too in the list.They don't know what to do next.

They were asking me to help them land in a job .I consoled them and got the email ids of them and was forwarding the list of companies recruiting people.My friends found it useful and 4 of my friends got placed in a good company.They called me and thanked me for letting them know the openings.Felt happy ,i was able to help someone get a job in this Recession.

Many companies use Recession as a tool to cut cost and layoff unwanted resources in their company.Its become a fashion for companies to ask employees to leave the organization saying Recession,but they seemed to recruit new people by the side.

Companies replace old people who were getting large pay with new employees for a lesser pay.Salary cuts,No appraisal,No bonus,No incentives,No allowances etc.., have become common words used by many companies now.I have seen many of my friends losing jobs day by day and suffering to repay their loans and run their family.

Its a tough time for People losing jobs during this recession because getting another job is a hurdle for them.In the company i did my project, people who dint perform well were mostly asked to leave the company.So its like a black mark for them when they attend interviews for other companies.

Things seemed to getting better now slowly,lets pray we don't get any more recession like this in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment